Food Poisoning at Salem Nursing Institute Sends 82 Students to Hospital

82 students from Salem Poly Clinic (SPC) nursing institute in Kuppanur were rushed to a government hospital due to food poisoning after consuming red pea curry during their mid-day meal on Sunday. The institute’s canteen has been temporarily sealed as officials investigate the incident. Salem government Mohan Kumaramangalam medical college and hospital (SGMKMCH) dean R Mani confirmed that 57 students were hospitalized while 25 were treated as outpatients, with all students reported to be in stable condition. District collector R Brindha Devi, along with food safety officers, inspected the canteen, and Dr M R Kathiravan from the food safety department stated that the canteen lacked necessary licensing, issuing a notice to the institute.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours